ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 200 test drive

Hey all, been lured in by a clio 200 80k miles. It's had the powerflex engine mounts fitted which the seller states makes the car vibrate, usually this would be a warning sign on a test drive so is there a certain amount of vibration, how much is usual? Obviously been doing the usual googling on things to look out for but I'd be grateful for any other tips, I haven't driven a Clio RS before. Thanks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Is this a MK4 or MK3 Clio 200.

It may vibrate a little when the car is still and idling. When driving you won't really feel it.

On a MK3 clio200 the exhaust manifold is fairly prone to cracks in the flexis so having uprated engine mounts certainly helps.

I'd say it's a bonus if it has the powerflex mounts .

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
On a MK3 other thing to look out for is crunching gearbox

Almost redline before changing gears (2nd 3rd and 4th) and if it crunches it will need a gearbox rebuild .

Look at the front subframe for rust, stick your head under in front of the front wheels and look around the plastic under tray.

Truely mazing cars though !!

I need a rear spoiler / wing in my life! Then I need to get the Toyo manifold checked, car was vibrating from the engine powerflex mounts, I get that although I have nothing to reference how badly, and it just seemed loud in the car that I'm putting down to the manifold but I understand it's had the middle silencer taken out, like it was really boomy in the cabin, outside everything sounded fine. I was massively impressed how the revs just kept climbing and climbing, such a great linear delivery!

Last edited:

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I need a rear spoiler / wing in my life! Then I need to get the Toyo manifold checked, car was vibrating from the engine powerflex mounts, I get that although I have nothing to reference how badly, and it just seemed loud in the car that I'm putting down to the manifold, like it was boomy in the cabin, outside everything sounded fine. I was massively impressed how the revs just kept climbing and climbing, such a great linear delivery!
What exhaust does it have?

Also, become a member and get in the classifieds and throw a post up about a spoiler. To be honest tho, second hand spoilers for these cars don’t pop up too often.

KTR sell them new in primer however.