ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio newbie....which one do I buy?

Evening all,
I'm thinking about buying a clio, with the intention of using it as a fast road /track day car. My initial thoughts are to strip it bare, cage it, ally or carbon door panels, no carpet, stereo or any luxuries at all, 2 lightweight seats in the front.
My questions therefore are as follows....
172 or 182, cup or non cup, and what sort of performance figures can I expect from it once it's done? 0-60, mainly, not too fussed over a ton! Also, What would you consider essential mods, I don't have a bottomless wallet by the way, so please bear that in mind!
Many thanks,
Si.

No mate, the only other hot hatch I've ever owned was a 205 gti, which was my 2nd car, I was always a bike man, and only passed my car test when I was 28, rode a gsxr11 all year round up until then. I'm now 43, but want a toy again, and the wife is VERY unaccepting of the bike idea...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
As above really. Get the cheapest best available and make it your own.

Or as said, buy one that's been done. Performance is marginal between all of them and on track

1. Depend on how well maintained the car is, timing (belt) is key to a quick car
2. How good a driver you are tbh