ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK4: converting Manual Climate Control to Auto Climate Control?

Hi there,
my clio restyling has got a manual climate control but I'd like to convert it to auto.
I've found on internet several digital control units, quite cheap. I was wondering if it was enough to swap the control unit.
My doubt is mainly about the steel wires controlling temp and air flow direction...

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Have a look above the courtesy lights above the rear view mirror. See if there’s wiring for the sensors. If there isn’t, i don’t think it’d be a cheap or easy venture

Have a look above the courtesy lights above the rear view mirror. See if there’s wiring for the sensors. If there isn’t, i don’t think it’d be a cheap or easy venture
Ok. Would you please tell me exactly what should I look for? Do you have a picture of wiring/connectors I'd need there?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ok. Would you please tell me exactly what should I look for? Do you have a picture of wiring/connectors I'd need there?

A quick google says the black thing is the sensor and the brown plug needs to be plugged into something.

img2012012800431-jpg.jpg

I’d be surprised nowerdays if your car doesn’t have the wiring. Mine has wiring for parking sensors and the renaultsport monitor without the hardware