ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk3 1.6 VVT - Low & Slow?

Okay, so first post on the forum and first french car I've owned and got myself what I think is a bit of a bargain. Just over £2000 for a 09 plate Clio VVT 1.6 using my Land Rover Discovery as part exchange against it.

Cars before this have been Volvos and Land Rovers, and I just fancied something that is cheaper to run and less pain to fix (Land Rover had an issue every month!)

It's never going to be the fastest of cars unless I strip the engine out and replace it with something with more potential so I'm not really going to do anything with the engine bar detailing it and perhaps painting/tidying a few parts up if needed. Plan overall is to lower it, tint the rear & boot windows and give it a new set of alloys with better tyres. At the end of the day I just want to have a nicer car to drive and have been impressed with the Clio on a test drive, just got to work out where to buy things and who sells what for French cars, already have it worked out for Swedish cars and 4x4s! :)

Bought a few parts to make the car more suited to me. Subwoofer for the boot, tints for the rear most windows, a selection of stickers, some rattle cans to respray some interior trim and a few little bits to customise the car.