ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk3 1.2 tom tom

hi all
The wife has a 2012 clio 1.2 .
Last night I got the dreaded phone call, she had just finished work and the car wouldn’t start, I went too try and help her out,
The car was just turning over but wouldn’t start. It would have one tiny little splitter but that was it
connected my computer up but unfortunately it only does up too 2009 clio and couldn’t seem to get it connected.
Went to check for spark but unfortunately didn’t have anything to put in the ht lead, wedged open the throttle body, that didn’t make a difference ,
Shoved some carb cleaned down it’s neck, nothing,
Then disconnected the coil pack, reconnected it and shoved some more brake cleaner down it’s neck and it started up. So followed her home and it didn’t miss a beat. Got home and turned it on and off a few times with no problems.
The only thing I observed on the dash was that the engine management light was on when the ignition was on, ie it didn’t go out when trying to start but as soon as it did start everything was normal.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Regards Matt