ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 won't start

Clio
Hi. My Clio mk2 1999 has been intermittently cutting out every couple of months when braking (usually on approach to a roundabout) but always restarts. Three days ago it wouldn't start in the afternoon when leaving home. This time fuel cut-off switch was down and resetting it it started immediately. Yesterday it wouldn't start again (though day before it had been fine) - hitting the switch worked this time. This morning it wouldn't start again. Hitting switch made no difference. Did a bit of rewiring to bypass switch and it still wouldn't start. I've checked that the immobiliser light goes out when ignition is in position 2. I also bought a new battery less than 6 months ago. Any other ideas?

Clio
Nope! - Turned out it was the crankshaft sensor. Ended up calling out recovery vehicle who took it to garage and charged me a fair amount. Obviously found a YouTube video on how Common and simple to fix this problem is! Doh!