ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK2 seatbelt removal

Clio campus sport
Hi all,

Dose anyone know how to remove the drivers and passangers seatbelts on a MK2 clio? Is it easy to do? Is it possible to fit 182 seatbelts as replacements?

Thanks.

Yeah they are compatible. Its pretty easy I think its a torx that holds the belt from the floor and a 17mm for the top, you take back the trim and I think theres another torx for the tensioner but not sure, its simple as you will see when you take back the trim!

Ex 182 owner
Tip - if your going to clean your (assuming s/h) 182 belts. Don't get frustrated trying to pull the new belts out when they just lock. Position them in the car and this will give you the perfect angles they need to sit at to allow you to pull them out. Pull them all the way out then pinch them as near as you can to the mechanism and zip tie them lightly so they don't retract. Then clean away.

Clio campus sport
Tip - if your going to clean your (assuming s/h) 182 belts. Don't get frustrated trying to pull the new belts out when they just lock. Position them in the car and this will give you the perfect angles they need to sit at to allow you to pull them out. Pull them all the way out then pinch them as near as you can to the mechanism and zip tie them lightly so they don't retract. Then clean away.
Thanks for the tip

Clio campus sport
Yeah they are compatible. Its pretty easy I think its a torx that holds the belt from the floor and a 17mm for the top, you take back the trim and I think theres another torx for the tensioner but not sure, its simple as you will see when you take back the trim!
Thanks, i can see the torx behind the trim. How do i take the rear trim (its a 3 door) off to get to the second torx?