ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk2 ABS Working ?

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
put key in ignition and turn on. ABS light on dash lights up then turns off. (all good so far) drive at 30mph and slam brakes on but my front wheels lock up. pretty sure ABS does not make wheels lock up. is my abs working? i thought if there was any problems with abs the light would stay on ? can anyone help me. dont really want to emergency stop any faster than 30mph to see if wheels lock up.

renault clio 1.4 16v
the abs light should come on if there are any problems, and should not be able to lock up, have you always had the car? someone may have bypassed the unit or something?

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
all i know is previous owner was female and her dad owned a garage. were would i start to look to see if its been bypassed ? i defiantly want ABS!

renault clio 1.4 16v
well firstly check the fuse to the unit and make sure its got power, can also follow the brake lines from the master cylinder and see if they actually go to the abs unit etc, may also be an idea to get hold of a diagnostic machine or find someone that will be able to manually activate the abs pump, if it still works then there may be a wiring or sensor issue of some sort