ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio D4F 1.2 - power increase

'05 Clio 1.2 16v D4F
Hi all,

I'm aware there have been a fair few threads regarding power increases for the 1.2 engine however mine is quite different.

I'm building a 2005 D4F clio into a sprint / hill climb car and it's going to compete in the <1200cc class hence the need to keep the low capacity engine.

My question is, are there any 'off the shelf' items available for this engine (cams, itb kits, forged bottom end etc.) or am I going to have to machine it all myself?

Also, does anyone do a decat pipe for it or am I going to have to make that too?

Thanks in advance.

'05 Clio 1.2 16v D4F
I should also note that the basic block must be of original spec so a TCE conversion is out of the question unfortunately

dan's cast offs.
afik the stock piston is a flat top but knowing how lazy renault are something else will fit it, i've not noticed anyone listing high comp pistons for them but am sure you will be able to get forged rods from aliexpress easy enough.

i take it you can't run boost to stay in the same class?

'05 Clio 1.2 16v D4F
No it has to stay N/A. It looked like an interesting challenge to build a competitive vehicle

dan's cast offs.
check piston dimensions and take it from there, plenty of high comp pistons listed across the range and i'd be surprised if you didn't find something that wouldn't be a straight fit. iapel do a good range and cover some of the older stuff and smaller engines so they would be my first start.

if you want forged rods aliexpress will no doubt have them for under £200 delivered as well.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If you are wanting to be genuinely competitive you will most likely have to do some custom work.

First and most important thing to do is read the rule book several times and get a thorough understanding of what is and what is not allowed.
Then you'll have a much better idea of what spec engine you'll be looking at.

'05 Clio 1.2 16v D4F
Basically as long as it's the same physical head and block as factory, internals are free reign, as is induction but it must remain N/A