ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Turbo vs Porsche 911 GTS @ Brands Hatch

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Here's a vid of one of the morning runs. I don't start pushing till about 4 mins in I think, lots of traffic too, but car goes really well round Brands

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks mental, love it. What the hell is that background sound though, fuel pump? cuts right through me.

Cor that looks to certainly go well.

What engine and box is it? Do you do many track days, i'm interested to know in the turbo reliability for a properly used track car.

Clio goes well and decent driving but its not really a monumental achievement is it 310hp/tonne in the GTS v 350/tonne in the cup guessing it weights around 1000kg with passenger? And on slicks to boot. I highly doubt he'd be annoyed either as at the end of the day he drives home in his £90k Porsche and the fact he let a 15 year old Renault Clio past would be a distant memory, and lets face it he wont have been on full attack mode in his brand new £90k GTS!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Looks mental, love it. What the hell is that background sound though, fuel pump? cuts right through me.

Yeah fuel pump, have a swirl pot set up in the spare wheel wheel - it is horrible! But need it for surge. I'll be making an enclosure for it soon, just haven't got round to it

Cor that looks to certainly go well.

What engine and box is it? Do you do many track days, i'm interested to know in the turbo reliability for a properly used track car.

Engine is the normal F4R, fully forged, GT2871r (genuine) etc etc. I've done 4 track days on it so far, and its not missed a beat. Each time I've given it death to be fair too, I've always got in the back of my mind....how long will this last...?!

Clio goes well and decent driving but its not really a monumental achievement is it 310hp/tonne in the GTS v 350/tonne in the cup guessing it weights around 1000kg with passenger? And on slicks to boot. I highly doubt he'd be annoyed either as at the end of the day he drives home in his £90k Porsche and the fact he let a 15 year old Renault Clio past would be a distant memory, and lets face it he wont have been on full attack mode in his brand new £90k GTS!

Sorry, the fun police are here!!
I overtook that Porsche another 3-4 times before that video during the day, each time at corners - no big deal, like you say £90k car - I wouldn't want to prang it!
But on the main straight it was quite interesting to see how close it was - more for the people who always ask me "how quick is your car"

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
One thing I'll never ever understand, is why people take passengers out on their track days. People go to all that effort weight shedding and increasing power/weight ratio and then stick 60kg(+++) in the passenger seat!

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
:smile: I don’t know the man in the Porsche but I do know if it was me I’d be seriously considering cutting your brake lines the minute you went for a slash:smile:
Fair play mate, looks a real piece of kit.

182 Turbo
I bet the guy was annoyed.

But then I bet he went home in his 90k Porsche to his f**k off house and smashed into his trophy wife to get over it.
But then he realised his Porsche couldnt compensate for his size down below and the fact he couldnt get it up to smash his Trophy wife, thats why shes on the other end of the neighbors gardeners pole during his track days. 😂

One thing I'll never ever understand, is why people take passengers out on their track days. People go to all that effort weight shedding and increasing power/weight ratio and then stick 60kg(+++) in the passenger seat!

My mate who comes all the track days with me weighs in at 115kg, the difference is ridiculous. 2-3 seconds a lap easy, its not just the time lap time difference, the car handles horribly.

Just fucked the passenger and rear seats out and let him drive. More fun for everyone.

This is a very odd thread.
So many assumptions lol.

I know which car I'd rather be in.... and that's the one that I could then use daily in comfort with ease, and not the one that rattles to s**t with a noisy as f**k fuel pump lol!

Easy to build a car that will keep with a 911 (none GT/RS model) but theres no chance itll do everything else as well as the Porsche does once its left the track.
Try do the same against a GT3 and it'll tear you a new one. Then drive home in comfort to hsi f**k off house and smash his trophy wife :ROFLMAO:

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Haha! f**king hell you lot are completely missing the point! You really think if I had the choice I'd rather have my clio than a brand new GTS?! Deluded!

It's hardly a review of which car is better, obviously the GTS is, and I'll happily admit the drive home was awful, stuck in traffic with that noise - terrible!

It was purely a straight line speed comparison video, End of.

Hey, it could be worse, I could be posting videos of a "chipped with pop and bangs map" 172 racing a standard Fiesta ST or Civic away from the lights on the road. Yaaaaaaaaawn.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Tbh I watched the video and thought "That porka is fast!"

Would have thought a 350hp Clio should be making mincemeat of non turbo 911s in a straight line.