ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio coming tomorrow

Hi Guys,
All being well I am picking up a 182 tomorrow morning, it will be for track use only but I've not decided if I should keep it road legal or not yet.

So what should I be looking to do to it, it's an Forum car and is mapped, exhaust, springs etc. I would like some seats and frames very soon as well as a rear cage with the provision for the harness mounts.

Any advice or chats welcome :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It will be fine then mate. Looks decent for the money and the current owner seems spot on too

Cheers, first to strip it out. Are there any seats that people go for in particular, or subframes that are known to work well ?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Frame wise speak to @JON FOZ, he's makes some very good ones (keep meaning to get some myslef) omp frames don't sit level and cobra ones very rarely fit without modification, plus the ones Jon does sit lower than all others I've seen. Seats are very much personal preference, whether you want winged seats or not, carbon or steel frame on the seat itself etc etc, I went for some entry spec cobra ones, they're fine for the money but there are plenty of better options depending on what you want to spend

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
My VBD X-Low subframes allow the fitment of bucket seats into 182 etc.

These give an improvement in headroom especially when using the car on track and wearing a helmet.
436B9E92-69A2-4558-850D-797CFE7CC01F_zps227axwbk.jpg

D7BAAE30-40D1-4BAE-89D9-86FBE0BDE533_zpsbmnludbe.jpg

Jon

997.1, Caddy, e208
It was, sold for much less than that but a fair price considering it was a little rough around the edges and needed a little more work doing than I initially advertised (looking back over last mot reminded me of some things I hadn't remembered)

Lads how much should I ask for when I avertise this steering wheel? It's been re trimmed.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 48