ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Bonnet catch recall

cup 182
Was wondering if new registered owners still get a recall through the post to get the bonnets checked or is that all but finished with now?
I remember getting one for my 172 cup but never actually knew why
I can remember seeing a few clio bonnets smashed into windscreens on the hard shoulder.
What was the actual recall fault and what action was taking to rectify? So I can check mine.
Cheers

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
the secondary latch (the bit you pull to release under the front of the bonnet) stuck in the released position so if the bonnet wasn't shut properly it would fly up once you got some speed up

cup 182
Ok thanks, will check that tomorrow
Has it happened to anyone on here? Where it has actually shot up and hit the windscreen?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've got the original recall letters (about 4, renault got needy) and the PO had the latch actually replaced as it was shown as not functioning correctly. Just keep them greased up and moving and it'll be grand.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It's a 1.2, probably wasn't even worth getting insurance involved over it. New bonnet/ windscreen and leave the dent in the roof.

Nil presently.
Happened to me in my old BG 182, absolutely terrifying as I was doing ~60 on a country road. Nice old chap pulled over to give me a hand getting the bonnet down and the car off the road.

Wasn't worth dealing with insurance, so I managed to source the parts I needed through CS and eBay. Bonnet and windscreen namely. Never taking that risk again though haha!