ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio bliabong, clio sport?

clio
Hi there, ive just recently brought a 52 plate black clio 1.2 16v bilabong, i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions, im sorry you probably get quite a few of these questions but i couldnt find one with enough information.

I just wondered what are the visable differences on the outside of the car between the sport and non sport versions, i know the theres the bumpers and side skirts etc i was just wondering if there was any other such as the spoiler and if taken the bumpers im assuming i would have to get a 182 bumper to fit on as the front end is different to the 172. But would the 182 bumpers and side skirts fit straight onto the car at all?

Many thanks

Mike

Dynamique Flamer
If you want to make a sport rep you would need: Front bumper, wings, side skirts rear bumper, and colour code the lot :)

There is a diff spoiler on cup models, have a look about the site there will be loads of photos about :)

BG 182 FF
yes they would but if you fitted a sport front bumper you would either need the side panels because the bumper is wider or mould it in. There are guides on it so it would be worth you joining properly and having a look.
Also the differences are the headlights, upper grill, plus the door handles are the same colour as the car unlike non-sports, sports also have a wider track so you would need spacers if you are thinking of making your car into a rep, so the wheels dont look lost in the arches. Some of the models like 172 cup and 182 with cup packs also have cup spoilers, which look a lot better than standard ones.
Hope that helps to answer some of your questions m8y

clio
Oh ok, thanks very much :) would that all have to be a 182 sport then? Would it be cheaper to purchase them from a scrappy or of ebay? ebay dosnt seem to have many sport parts on there :(

Thank you :)

+ ok thanks very much for the quick replys and information :)

BG 182 FF
No you can get the parts of a 172 as well, cliospares website may have some stuff, also you can get stuff like the rs grill from renault dealer new for about 50 quid. It would be worth parting with 10 quid m8 because if your going to do a rep, the guides on here will help, plus parts will come for sale on here too

The phase 2 172 and 182 front bumpers/wings/skirts are the exact same, it's only the back bumper thats different as the 182 has exhaust cut outs which you'd need to either fill in or get an exhaust to fill the gaps.

clio
Ok thanks for all the info, ill probably just join if theres guides on here that will help me out and some of the parts for sales, thanks everyone for the replys :)

clio
Yeah mine does have a sunroof but im not to fussed on making an exact rep, i just like the bumpers of the sport version. Thanks for letting me know though :)