ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 coilover options

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Currently running Cup shocks and Cooksport springs. One of the front dampers is starting to mist so will need attention soon. Is it worth upgrade to Billsteins or KW’s V1? Car is used for fun road driving and 4/5 track days a year. Cheers guys.

Bilsteins were decent enough on road, coupled with Simo adjustable top mounts meant we could get some negative camber, they were just a bit too soft for track. Went for Kw club sports with a motorsport spring in the end this was a good set up just a little expensive !

I would say what ever you pick get adjustable top mounts and also get the rear beam shimmed

Depends how hard you push on track

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Thanks Paul, Clubsports are more than ideally want to spend but appreciate they give you the best set up. Just trying to work out if it’s worth spending a little extra on fixed damping coilovers or just get new cup shocks.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Are you happy with how it went on the cup shocks?
I'd be replacing them if I was in your situation.

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
I haven’t tried one on coilovers, but I don’t know how compromising on road use they are. I do more road than track use, however car is a bit soft on track but that’s the price for better road handling?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Tbh I think the bilsteins are actually softer than a cup shock and spring setup - only based on what I've read though.

In mine, I do feel like something stiffer would be better. But they're brilliant fun as they are imo