ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197..

Clio sport 197
Well here's my first decent car haha. Been stuck with saxo's for a long time and decided its time to up my game a little haha. Bought this car yesterday from a garage near me. Iam the 2nd owner with only 30k on the clock so iam happy with the buy and it seems pritty immaculate inside and out. Only fault i can find is the brakes are lil weak considering the brembo's on the front.

There arnt any major future plans for the car. Thinking of a few carbon bits dotted around, like the carbon end plates on the spoiler etc. And getting the rims in a darker grey colour.

SAM_0142.jpg

SAM_0143.jpg

23102010145-1.jpg

24102010145.jpg

Clio sport 197
Yeah i like them. Smart looking cars eh. The 200's are lovely. Waiting for the 1.6 turbo version to be released though and maybe buy one in a few year when they arnt brand new iam iam not going to need a mortgage for one ha

very nice mate, not seen many in this colour, its a bit like the old artic blue, but i agree with some of the other comments, slight drop and anthracite/black wheels would look lush. IMO i think i prefer the 192 to the new 200

Clio sport 197
Yeah i prefer the front end compared to the 200's. Both awsume cars though eh. Yeah iam looking to get it lowered asap. Just need to have a read up on potential spring chocies and find a place to get these spacers.

clio 1.4
ben could i ask your age please ?? just because am coming up 20 next moth with near 3 years no claims! and would prefer a 197 as its a group 15 rather then the 172 which is 16-17 i think!!.

Clio sport 197
Iam 21 mate with 2yrs no claims. Iam paying 1500 for insurance. Might be abit cheaper for you eh.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
ben could i ask your age please ?? just because am coming up 20 next moth with near 3 years no claims! and would prefer a 197 as its a group 15 rather then the 172 which is 16-17 i think!!.

That wont make any difference, if anything itll be the same.

Im around £50 or so cheaper for a 197/200 but when i was 21 with my 172 i was £200 dearer on a 197! Bizzare enough as it is!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Cup spoiler only works (for me) with the matching front splitter/side splitters. Otherwise just looks out of place.

side splitters look cheap and nasty when seen up close, they do not fit properly at all and are just a bucket for sediments off the road. Front splitter is ok, but not for me.

Clio sport 197
Grizzly its worth the extra 200 to get the 197 imo. Look so much better imo. Havnt been in a 172 as this is the first time ive moved away from saxo's so still learning plenty ha.

Agree that the front splitter and sides look tacky. Would look awsume in carbon though a reckon.