ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Springs vs late 200 springs

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Hi All,

So the 2010> RS200's use a smaller top mount and different springs, does anyone know where the actual physical difference in the springs lies?
I've done a lot of searching but i can't find what the actual difference is.

Basically i've got a snapped spring on my 197 and after a brief search ended up with 4 post 2010 RS200 springs.

Cheers for any help,
Gman

GTD, Lupo
I have some cup springs from a 2012 200 you can have if you want to do more research?

I'm pretty sure it's all to do with the diameter of the top coil. 90mm rings a bell for some reason.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Thanks but i have some 2011 springs i was hoping to fit to my 197 but the internet says they won't fit. I've been trying to find out why they won't fit before i spend a morning with the spanners, I didn't know if they were different as in a few mm lower so technically different but would still fit or if it was something like you mention and that the coil size was different so they definitely won't fit.