ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 went bang..... Scrap or sell?

FF BG 182
Hi guys,
Tonight unfortunately my FF BG 182 went pop..... Lots of smoke, noise and the oil is on the outside of the engine rather than the in.....
Basically I was just wondering what is best to do with the car now. I'm not sure how much it would be worth to sell, how much it would be worth in parts, or if I should just cut my losses and scrap her.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Joel

FF BG 182
Pretty sure it's engine, to dark to see right now, looked lower than camshaft seals I think. Its lowered on shocks and springs (eibach maybe) scorpion ss exhaust, turini wheels, private plate. To be fair I was looking to get rid of it soon anyway so I'm not sure if an engine change would be on the cards right now. It's not a minter but also far from a dog I'd say.... Anyone know how much it would be worth to sell as a whole and how much in parts roughly?

RB Clio 182
New engine £200'ish off here, then labor, might as well swap the engine mate, its cheaper than a decent set of tyres if you can fit it yourself.

Last edited:
  FF BG 182
New engine £200'ish off here, then labor, might as well swap the engine mate, its cheaper than a decent sent of tyres if you can fit it yourself.
Thanks for the advice I used to be a mechanic so I would have thought I could swap the engine, it's time and inconvenience more than anything and o was looking to get rid of the car anyway

RB Clio 182
Thanks for the advice I used to be a mechanic so I would have thought I could swap the engine, it's time and inconvenience more than anything and o was looking to get rid of the car anyway
Scrap it then, you obviously havnt got enough time to break it.

FF BG 182
Scrap ot then, you obviously havnt got enough time to break it.
I may be wrong but I think scrap value is at around £150 a car at the moment.... Is there anything of great value worth removing before? Steering Wheel is in pretty good nick, spoiler, turini wheels, scorpion exhaust, interior.....
Sorry for the lack of knowledge, it's been a while since I've looked on here and I'm comletely out of touch

RB Clio 182
I may be wrong but I think scrap value is at around £150 a car at the moment.... Is there anything of great value worth removing before? Steering Wheel is in pretty good nick, spoiler, turini wheels, scorpion exhaust, interior.....
Sorry for the lack of knowledge, it's been a while since I've looked on here and I'm comletely out of touch
By the time you have removed all the valuable parts, you could have swapped over the engine and sold the whole car for £2k+

FF BG 182
By the time you have removwd all the valuable parts, you could have swapped over the engine and sold the whole car for £2k+
I'm honestly so out of touch with how much it is realistically worth, I thought it would be more in thw region of 1k..... However if this is the case it may be a more viable option. Thanks for the advice by the way, sorry I must sound like a complete nonce

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks for the advice :up: i know 'what is it worth' posts are usually frowned upon, i just genuinely have no clue..... that as a ballpark figure is great :up:

No worries mate, it's a shitey thing to happen. Dropping an engine in is easy enough but only if you have the time, space, tools and skill!
Where abouts are you?

FF BG 182
No worries mate, it's a shitey thing to happen. Dropping an engine in is easy enough but only if you have the time, space, tools and skill!
Where abouts are you?
It came of a bit of a surprise, hell of a bang 😂 I think I have all the necessary attributes to get it fixed but having them all at the same time is a different matter!
I'm in the Ipswich area. Tried to ring 101 to tell the police there may be oil on the dual carriageway and i was put on hold for 15 minutes! Rang back and they put me straight through to 999 :persevere:😂