ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Universal Joint

Hello,

Replaced my steering rack the other day and I have noticed that the universal joint sits very close the bulkhead - is this correct?
Also, the locating tab was not on the rack I brought - is there anything I can do toline it up in the correct angle/position :/

IMG_2084.jpeg

The locating dowel had snapped off the new rack I swapped when I pulled the rubber bushes off. I think it was not quite angled as it should be. I had a look tonight and rotated it where the dowel should have been pointing out.

I will let you know how I get on once I have put it all back together tonight.

Yeah, the dowl had fallen off when I took the old bushes off. I tried to epoxy it in the last night but it just fell out again.

I just took the whole mount off the subframe and looked through the back where it should be going through and marked it on the mount. It's right now but I hope it does not spin in the bushes lol.