ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Sprint Car

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Hey guys

Been a number of years since my last post and actual ownership of a Clio - didn't have anything exciting back in the day but we are talking early 2000's of OEM+ body kitted cars and looking back I had some tasteful mods done to my 2003 DCI clio - no regrets lol

Anyway, fast forward to 2019 and I'm finally considering buying a car I have wanted for years and its a 182 Clio. I have been driving around in fast Audi's and a Porsche Cayman S since the Clio days and want to have a crack at some sprint and track days so I couldn't look past the clio.

Anyway, I am not looking to make the clio into a complete track slag, rules will have to be followed for certain classes in the sprints which will be my main focus.

So, what to do to the car?

I am initially considering getting the brakes/geometry/suspension and tyres sorted first along with some basic weight reduction.

Already looking at Odyssey P680 batteries

What about seats?

Any other weight reduction items that can be replaced or removed with ease?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated - going to see a clio on Friday and if all goes well, I will be bringing it home.

Thanks

Brushwood69

ClioSport Club Member
What region are you in? ASWMC regulations are different than other regions! If in road going you have to retain all seats but can replace fronts with racing seats even to the point where a friend now passed away Paul Monroe changed the passenger seat to a Kevlar racing seat but still passed! Rears have to remain unless didn't come with any! Carpets can go! But heading has to stay. FIA approved helmets and gloves and suits for all classes. Hans devices for most above road going. Turbo/super Charger get 1.4x cc penalty. I'm in Rally class but @graham vingoe will probably add to this as he is in road going! Oh and MSA licence non speed b will do unless in a race car

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Worth having a look at this thread