ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Pinking/Detonation help...

Clio 182
Recently when warm, I think I have started to hear pinking/detonation at anywhere above 4K underload (never when cold)

I am normally religious to BP Ultimate and it has only pinked very occasionally during hard driving in the past, however recently it seems to be worse.

I thought it might be a rattling baffle, however, I put in some 95 RON in this evening to get me home and I noticed it getting much louder, so it is almost certainly pinking.

I am presuming a new knock sensor might be in order, but I was wondering whether this was a common issue, could be anything else? It burns very little oil so I highly doubt it's piston wear. The car is on 104K and has been very well looked after.

Any info from you guys would be much appreciated, don't want to shell out £50 on a new sensor if it's not that.
Cheers!

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Thanks for your reply's, I replaced all 4 plugs around 20K ago with the recommended NGK ones - it's also had a new set of leads and coil pack on it. So I can't think its any of that.

Any thoughts?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Read the fault codes?

What brand of HT leads and coilpack did you put on?