ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 gearbox problem

BG 182 FF
Hi all, I've recently returned to the 182 scene from a 197, anyway when I change up sometimes (more so when rushing the gearbox) I get a slight grind, not a crunch, it feels as if the gearstick isn't quite aligned with the box if that make sense? Any help appreciated

dan's cast offs.
2-3 it could just be you beating the synchros, could be wear to the synchro or dog teeth on the gear itself.

4-5 my money would be on low oil and the plastic wearing down or worn off the selector fork. drive along in 5th, pop it in to neutral for a sec, let the clutch up, dip clutch and pop it back in to 5th and see what it does.

BG 182 FF
2-3 it could just be you beating the synchros, could be wear to the synchro or dog teeth on the gear itself.

4-5 my money would be on low oil and the plastic wearing down or worn off the selector fork. drive along in 5th, pop it in to neutral for a sec, let the clutch up, dip clutch and pop it back in to 5th and see what it does.
Just been out, smooth as butter back into 5th