ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Doorcard sealant

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Hi All

Went to vacuum my Clio out today, it was going well until i lifted the passenger floor mat and was greeted by a sodden carpet. Anyway traced it down to the passenger door leaking water between the door and doorcard, under normal rainfall its fine but under heavy rain it leaks into the passenger foot well.

After a search it seems that the doorcards are sealed/bonded on with sealant which would explain why mines leaking as it has none of this left apart from about an inch long part which looks like a mixture of silicone sealer and foam piping?

Has anyone got any photos showing where the sealant is meant to be on the doorcard so i'm not pulling it on and off guessing to try and get it to seal. Also if the foam piping is meant to be there.

Thanks in advance.
Rich

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Sealant is there just to stick the door card on, not to seal leaks.
If the door is leaking into the car, it will be because the drain holes in the bottom of the door are blocked and it's overflowing and ending up in the car

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
As above, I think there should be a plastic sheet between the card and inner door, and it's the plastic that is normally sealed to the door frame, take door card off and wait for rain (shouldn't be a long wait!), shouldn't be much water getting in there at all unless you have the window down..

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Sorry i should have explained a little better, ive checked all the holes in the bottom of the door and blown them through with compressed air to make sure there is no blockages. There is no plastic sheet between the door and door card i thought it was odd when there wasn't.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Don't you just feel like a prize fool when it dawns on you that you've been looking down the wrong end of the telescope, rather than thinking how to stop the water coming into the car from the door i should have been thinking how to show the water getting into the door.

Anyway just been out to have another look at the car, took the drivers speaker grill and speaker out and looked inside and there was a few drops of water, did the same for the passenger side and the inside of the door was soaking, when i actually looked at the window from outside i noticed a gap between the wing mirror plate/ seal and the window seal. Re positioned the mirror and seals so its the same the other side and wiped everything down will wait for the morning to see if its any better.

Thanks all.
:blush: