ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cup on Gumtree

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 200 EDC
I went to look at this Clio 182 cup today, the advert to me comes across as a half decent car and looked after. Lady owner, after speaking to her last night we agreed a time to view.

Within 30 seconds i spotted that most of the rear quarter had been repaired and painted, also what looked like a 'keyed' scratch mark running 2" parallel below the rear quarter glass, so a job not done to a quality standard (IMO)

They bought the Clio direct from a Renault main dealer 5 years ago, to me Renault wouldn't sell on a car with a repair of that standard (i like to think they wouldn't) They claim they bought the car like it and have never had any work of this nature done in the time they've owned it.

I can see why it's not been sold after 25 days, a shame as the rest of the car is ok (bar a good detail)

Just thought i'd put it out there in case anyone else had seen it and toyed with going to look at it. For me i wasn't prepared to spend my hard earned on it.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...rt-clio-182-cup-in-rare-gordini-blue/90916474

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 200 EDC
I looked at 2 Clio 182 cups today this being the 2nd 1, the 1st needed some TLC

Chip in the windscreen, cigarette burn mark on drivers seat, seats a little dirty, couple of scratches, scuffed wheels, dephaser sounded a little noisy.... Asking £3200

It's a fair chunk of cash to potentially hand over so in fairness i'd like to have something a little bit better than what i saw today

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 200 EDC
Over the last 4 weeks i've viewed 6 Clios. Spent £75 in petrol and done 400 miles.... Nothing

What jacks me off is when you drive 100 miles to view a car, only for them to start telling you stuff like (Oh it crunches in 3rd!) WTF

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  Trafic 140dci
That's a shame, i'd be embarrassed to have someone travel that far to view my car and try and hide problems with the car! Shame you missed out on that cammed RB on eBay, that looked a lovely car, trying to persuade my girlfriend to get one, better MPG than her Corsa lol.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
Over the last 4 weeks i've viewed 6 Clios. Spent £75 in petrol and done 400 miles.... Nothing

What jacks me off is when you drive 100 miles to view a car, only for them to start telling you stuff like (Oh it crunches in 3rd!) WTF

try asking all that u want to know b4 you travel, could save u another 75quid in petrol

e.g. Im coming with the cash on wkend to buy your car, not look, has it been smashed/ thrashed/ ditched/ smoked in/ fag burnt seats/ stolen/ ex salvage but hpi clear/ bodge repaired/ gearbox crunching/ engine knocking/ clocked/ fake history or logbook etc... if they cant b bothered to answer dont bother going to see it!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 200 EDC
That's a shame, i'd be embarrassed to have someone travel that far to view my car and try and hide problems with the car! Shame you missed out on that cammed RB on eBay, that looked a lovely car, trying to persuade my girlfriend to get one, better MPG than her Corsa lol.

The dealer for that RB jacked me off too but that's another story

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 200 EDC
try asking all that u want to know b4 you travel, could save u another 75quid in petrol

e.g. Im coming with the cash on wkend to buy your car, not look, has it been smashed/ thrashed/ ditched/ smoked in/ fag burnt seats/ stolen/ ex salvage but hpi clear/ bodge repaired/ gearbox crunching/ engine knocking/ clocked/ fake history or logbook etc... if they cant b bothered to answer dont bother going to see it!

I DO ask the questions but some people like you to get there then to find out for yourself.

I spoke to somene 2 days ago about a BG 182, telling me about all the good things about it, i said "Look i'm about to do a 200 mile round trip to view this Clio , i have cash and WILL take this away, i need to know"........ 4" crack in the windscreen, paint damage to drivers door, scuffed wheels. Needless to say i didn't go.

In the case of the badly repaired RB they swore blind they never noticed it since the day of purchase 5 years ago, it took someone like to me to highlight the problem. Although i think that either they already knew about it or a previous viewer noticed it too.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  BG 182
Iv got a cracking bg for sale just need to get pics up, if interested. Live in Cheshire but go back home to Essex often

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
Maybe you're being too fussy. Within reason, I usually buy the first one I see... sort out any problems later on :) I hate car hunting so would just rather get it over asap!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 200 EDC
Maybe you're being too fussy. Within reason, I usually buy the first one I see... sort out any problems later on :) I hate car hunting so would just rather get it over asap!

Everyones different :D

I think i'm entitled to be a little picky, agreed i'm not a fan of car hunting either. The last time i bought the first car i went to seeit ended up being a disaster..... I'm trying not to do it again.

Anyway, i just wanted to put it out there about this RB

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
Everyones different :D

I think i'm entitled to be a little picky, agreed i'm not a fan of car hunting either. The last time i bought the first car i went to seeit ended up being a disaster..... I'm trying not to do it again.

Anyway, i just wanted to put it out there about this RB

be extra/ double or even triple picky as its defo a buyers mkt, have u noticed how much these ave depreciated over the last 2 yr's!

so defo dont want to be paying over the odds :cool:

Last edited: