ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Car Insurance

George89

ClioSport Club Member
  F30 335D/RB 182 Cup
Now I am not 100% sure this is the correct part of the forums because I am bit of a newbie..

I was just wondering if anyone could give me their experience with switching cars roughly 8 months+ into a policy. I currently have a little run about Laguna but looking at a 172/182 depending on a few things however my current insurance provider does not insure either of those cars for my details and I do not want to lose a years NCB with only a few months to go. Of course the simple answer would be to hold on to the Laguna until the policy ends but its going to cost me too much in maintenance and I feel like a change.

Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed my policy 8 months into it, I went from a 172 to a 182 and they added £90, they said it was for the increased value of the car. With your's being a different model i'm not sure what they would do, give them a call and see. Oh and my NCB still applied and carried through.

Sorry misread it a little bit, that sucks they won't insure you with the new car! Did you ring another company and ask your current insurance to see if it can be transferred?

Last edited:
  Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Cancel you current policy and take out a new one if you want a 182 that bad and your current cars going to cost too much to maintain.
Or buy a cheaper run about for 8 months?

George89

ClioSport Club Member
  F30 335D/RB 182 Cup
Cancel you current policy and take out a new one if you want a 182 that bad and your current cars going to cost too much to maintain.
Or buy a cheaper run about for 8 months?

I would not say I am desperate but quite keen to own a 182, I see what you are saying in regards to another run around - I only have 3 months in fact till the end of this policy to obtain 3 years NCB which could be done in another cheap run about.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
For the sake of 3 months, look around for a MINT 182 if that's what you want. Whether you buy one in a week or 2.5 months, insure it when the time comes. Look to buy one nearer the end of your policy, for obvious reasons though, unless you've somewhere secure to park it & SORN it.