ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 won't Rev over 3k RPM

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Started the car this morning and drove off, the Electrical Warning Light and Engine warning light are both illuminated.
The car also won't rev above 3000rpm and is very slow.
Searched a few threads and appears it could be the Throttle Pedal or Throttle Body, any other ideas what might be occurring?

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Had it plugged in at lunch time, got a error code of PO120 - TPS/Pedal position sensor malfunction, do I need a new Throttle Position sensor?

dan's cast offs.
Get wiring and pedal circuits checked.

Also worth checking connectors before you start as well.

Clio Cup, Corsa Van
Did you get this sortted!, as mines done the same thing last night and same code P0120 ???

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Did you get this sortted!, as mines done the same thing last night and same code P0120 ???
Yes mine appears to be sorted now, I done the following:
At the top of the Accelerator pedal is a black wiring connector/plug, I unplugged this, used electrical contact cleaner and cleaned the contacts and replugged it back in.
I also took the Air intake pipe off at the throttle body end, and cleaned up the entire throttle body including the butterfly with carb cleaner, mine was dirty and had some crap stuck on the buttefly valve.
I reset the OBD codes by plugging my mates reader in, and it seems ok so far.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This is usually a wiring fault between the pedal and the ECU, there are 2 intermediate connection blocks. White one in the fusebox which is suceptable to water and the bulkhead connector which is usually OK.