ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Phase 1 cable throttle body - loom help please!!!

Hi Guys - you help very much required please!

I have a VX220 Turbo which I've spent the last 6 weeks fitting a Forged LEH engine into with a Garrett GTX2867R Turbocharger and a few other 'trick' parts as well :)

During the instal my ECU decided to die and not really worth going 'OE' so started to look at The Adeptronics ECU to be fitted & mapped by Chris @ EFi, which ment getting rid of the drive by wire throttle body & going to cable.

The Clio 172 phase 1 TB in 64mm was a direct fit and with a lot of work at the pedal end is now in and all good BUT...

We need a plug to go into the 64mm TB's throttle position sensor from the Renault engine loom to make it all good!

Looking arround on ebay would this loom have the correct plug for the TB on it? is the 172 loom & the 1.4 the same? a quick google showed they both had cable throttle all be it a different TB?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...arParts_SM&hash=item3f033ce706#ht_2720wt_1413

Many many thanks in advance for all your help!

here's a couple of pic's of what its going into :)

b70e099def_md.png

181a92bb89_md.png

Last edited:
I believe it's different, as it doesn't run an ISCV. However I'm sure if you went to a breakers yard, you should find a mk1 ph2 Laguna, mk1 ph1 Megane coupe(2.0 variant), mk2 espace(petrol variant) you'll find the plug your after

I believe it's different, as it doesn't run an ISCV. However I'm sure if you went to a breakers yard, you should find a mk1 ph2 Laguna, mk1 ph1 Megane coupe(2.0 variant), mk2 espace(petrol variant) you'll find the plug your after

many thanks for your help! Very much appreciated :)

Is the loom from a Clio 2.0 16v Williams the same? Breaker says it is for a cable throttle and is 95% sure it is?

but I'd rather know for sure! And know there is no where better to ask than an enthusiasts forum that know the cars inside out!

So the 64mm cable TB be comparable with this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...23916753971273604&_qi=RTM1062689#ht_500wt_689

R5GTT, 2L turbo
Alas Dan, that was not the correct plug just for future reference. :) (I ordered a few, they're normal ecconoseal things like you find with some ITB kits).

Cheers, Chris