ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 head unit upgrade

Im getting my 172 next week :cool: and as discussed in a previous thread I quite like the pioneer 7400mp. Its the upgrade to my curent pioneer minidisc headunit and looks and feels excellent and well built. However, Im a bit thick concerning ICE upgrades so have a few questions:

1. Do Pioneer do interfaces to use the Clios display (like Sony) ?

2. I got the 6 disc cd changer option thrown in so can the Pioneer make use of it or will I have to buy a Pioneer one?

3. Finally, any front speaker straight replacement recommendations and will it be worth it? I wont be getting amps/subs or anything, Im too old and married for that :)

Silver Fabia vRS

1) Not as far as I know but get in touch with Autoleads as they may have one planned

2) You will need to buy a Pioneer one as the OEM unit in the 172 is made by Alpine but I dont think the connector will even plug into Alpine head units!

3) They are 13cms speakers so you will have no trouble replacing these.

I had a full Pioneer setup in my 172 - Head Unit, 12 CD Changer, Uprated speakers all round and I also added a Rockford Fosgate Amp and Sub later on.

Asty,

1: Dont think pioneer currently do an interface for use with the display on the clio

2: The pioneer wont be compatible with the changera s its an alpine changer

3: Have a listen with the standard speakers first, youll see an improvement anyway as the internal amp in the pioneer head unit is more powerful than the standard one

Also, I am selling my Pioneer 7400 head unit as I dont use mini disc anymore, I also have a pioneer 6 disc changer, if youre interested let me know and make me an offer.

I may be interested but, as much as I want this Pioneer head unit, I also want the display and remote controls to work so the easiest thing would be to get an Alpine CDA-7894RB head unit (do they do an interface yet?)

Yeah I think theres an interface for the Alpine, however the stalk control doesnt work quite aswell as it does with the standard head unit.

Also I think Alpine have just brought out their new range so the 7894 may have been replaced. Will probably more or less be the same model with a different part number on it.

Dont worry about the head unit anyway, will bang it on ebay in a couple of weeks or so. Whats the best price you cna get one for? Mines less than 1 year old btw, mint condition.

PS Enjoy your car

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/www.caraudiodirect.co.uk has always had the cheapest online prices I can find and have the pioneer 7400mp for £299 but its out of stock. However, I did find another site for the same price with it in stock so use £299 as your marker price.

Quote: Originally posted by asty on 07 May 2003

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/www.caraudiodirect.co.uk has always had the cheapest online prices I can find and have the pioneer 7400mp for £299 but its out of stock. However, I did find another site for the same price with it in stock so use £299 as your marker price.
Oops, I meant £249.99.

i have a pioneer 7400mp...not a mini disc player...its an mp3 player:)

quality, although takes about 6 seconds to skip mp3 tracks...which is a bit geh

Quote: Originally posted by asty on 07 May 2003

......the easiest thing would be to get an Alpine CDA-7894RB head unit (do they do an interface yet?)
Nope, I just cant face buying such a poorly designed piece of sh1te. Why do all Alpine head units looks the same and have half the fascia covered in buttons? And then theres the display. Talk about cram it all in. Nope, Alpines were designed for "Gary boys" with no research done on the UI.

I think Ill stick to the standard head unit until theres an interface for Pioneers or I can find something else.