ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 central locking not working

I have a 2002 Ph2 Clio 172 (just purchases) and the remote fob isnt working.

I checked for a red light on the fob and there isnt one, so I assume the battery has died. I'll get a replacement at lunch and then check the common solder connections.

I then checked both door locks and these work fine with the key. I then tried the lock button inside the car, which locks the tailgate correctly, but not the front doors.

I assume all three door actuators are on the same fuse? Is there a synching process for them? (I know some cars lose sync if you manually unlock one and then use the central locking for example)

I plan to ensure the fob works, and the car works and then try synching the key again.

Thanks

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Replace the battery in the fob and check the microswitch is still attatched to the circuit board regarding remote central locking.

All doors should lock off the interior button i would check fuses and then go onto wiring. If you have access to clip maybe scan and actuate the door locks to test.