ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 TCE 2007 (MK3) Throttle Body Cleaning

Clio 1.2 Turbo 2007
Hi All,

My 1.2 TCE is idling a little low and rough, so was going to try cleaning the throttle body which I'm hoping would clear it up a little as it's now on 87,000 miles.

However, all the videos I can find are for the older version of the engine with the intake manifolds on the top like this one:

Whereas mine has this engine:

and I can't find any information about cleaning the TB.

Would anybody be able to help me? I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Adam

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Should be on the bottom right of that 2nd video attached to the end of the inlet manifold. A lot easier than the old style d4f engine. If unsure follow the pipe work from the turbo into the intercooler then out the intercooler and it should go into the throttle valve/body.

Clio 1.2 Turbo 2007
Ah, so sitting under the air intake pipe?

So (possibly a dumb question but) none of those pipes have coolant in, right?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
this might be helpful

d4fthrottle.png

Clio 1.2 Turbo 2007
Wow, that's a great help, thank you Mavez!
I'm guessing you have that because you own a garage or is that available somewhere?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Should just be two bolts to remove the intercooler air outlet pipe then the 4 bolts attaching the throttle body/valve to the inlet manifold.

Na I had a CD with Renaults Dialogy software a while back and it has all the maintenance and repair manuals n stuff. that one is for the twingo but it has all the d4ft stuff as well. I can send you the pdf if you want.

Clio 1.2 Turbo 2007
Awesome, thanks for the help mate. That would be great if you could! Can you send files on this forum?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Yeah no worries man. Yeah sure give me a minute i'll whack it up for you.