ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 8v D7F-720 Coolant Change

Clio MK2 1.4i 16v
I'm hoping someone could give me a definitive guide on how to flush and change the coolant on the 1.2 8v D7F-720 engine, it's just had a new timing belt kit and head gasket so I want to flush it all through and put some renault d type coolant in, but really don't want to get any air locks and waste any coolant as I have exactly 5 litres which is apparently what it needs, I'm aware there is a bleed valve near the thermostat housing, is this the only one or is there another also?
All the work was carried out by a friend of mine and myself, we only paid 50 quid for the car with 11 months MOT on it, due to the engine work needing to be done, so we bought it for a challenge to try and get it running again and potentially sell on for a profit, so far it's been a success it seems to run well, starts on the button, compression feels good, after heat cycling for about 2 hours, but we want to make sure we refill the fluids correctly so thought it a good idea to ask on here about the correct procedure.