ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Temp fan or Thermistor?

Clio 182FF
Right guys, i've looked all over the forums to this question but still unsure.
I have an 04 plate 182 with climate control. Had some probs with regulating the temp, with the coldest setting not being that cold. The aircon is fully charged as this has been checked, and is working as the pipes are frezzing up and clutch working etc.:S
I have checked for the cog bit that gets chewed up and yes this was knackered so i've sorted it with a hose clip and its all tightened up and replaced.:S
So i thought i'd check the interior light bit for the CC fan, but there's not one there. I have read on here that the 182's had a thermistor instead of the fan to assess the temp. Is that right? or will someone have removed the fan from mine? Mine has the little blue dot/nipple at the front of the housing.:S
The only other thing i can think of is that the thermistor is not working or when i replaced the motor to regulate the airflow in the footwell the cog was in the wrong place (eg it had been set to coldest setting but i had the section the cog goes in and turns to the hotest setting....if you see what i mean!):S
The fan speeds work fine but with aircon on coldest its never that cold, and with the temp on 16 its still a bit warm, which cant be right.
Could this also be something to do with the coolant level maybe? Its on min but looks pretty clear instead of a coolant colour!
Any help much appreciated guys.