ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

climate controls bitten the dust

2001/51 SPORT 172(LEEDS)
hi folks
ive a 01 mk2 172 and my climate control seems to have bitten the dust.
when i switch it on it works. but it will not blow cold air even with the air/con on no matter what temp i set it at it still blows hot.

cushty at the moment but i would like to sort it before summertime less im gonna weigh 3 stone by september

the outside temp reading is still correct so i wouldnt have thought the mirrors sensors down but this is the 1st frenchy ive had and only owned it 4 days and been a auction car i cannot go screaming at them so any advice would be very welcome

172 Cup
The CC/AC system isn't very user freindly. Could be one of a few reasons and needs to be checked by those in the know.

TDI tyre shreader
could it be somthing to do with the fan/temp sensor which is in the light fitting in the roof? You should be able to hear the fan buzz, try taking it apart and blowing the 5 tons of crap out of it, it just pulls out

J

Jim NM

I have been informed that you should run your AC at least oncea week to keep it operational otherwise it will pack in.
The toys on these cars seem to cause problems.:D

Fiesta ST
Ive got this prob as well on my mk2 172 51 plate, just blows out hot air, anyone who can help with this? is there anything i can check?

2001/51 SPORT 172(LEEDS)
Jones said:
could it be somthing to do with the fan/temp sensor which is in the light fitting in the roof? You should be able to hear the fan buzz, try taking it apart and blowing the 5 tons of crap out of it, it just pulls out

just tried it, fan working fine and nice and clean any more ideas anybody got a breakdown of the heater box for me to have a look at

whilst ingition on and adjusting the temp i can here the motor moving in the drivers footwell at the side of the heater box,so i would have thought that not to be the problem,
imao it seems to be the main vent not opening to allow cold air in though the heater box