ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control not blowing air

clio 182
Alright folks,

Just got in my car to come home from work and I'm getting no air what so ever through my syetem even when I put the fan up to max and altered the temp still nothing.

Has anyone got any idea what it could be and where i can find the system?

also while I'm posting where is the pollen filter located is it the same as the 172 which is in the guide section.

I drive a 182.

any help much appreciated

clio 182
Just thought a would ask about the filter while I was posting as I just got a service last week and it wasn't done or hasn't been done since its first service. which is 5 year ago.
It's been some week two broken springs, exhaust mounts knackered, back brake discs and pads goosed, track rod end, ball joints, tie rod now this happens and it was roasting.

clio 182
my cousin said something about a resistor when I phoned him. he's a mechanic with honda. surely it can't just be a resistor they cost pennies if there charging £90 it must be something more.

182 FF
its the heater resistor pack most probably, £90 something from renault. Do a search and you'll find the part number on here.
Its located under the driver side scuttle panel (by the wiper) and is just 2 6mm bolts and a connector to remove however 1 bolt is a bit knuckle catchy!!!!
Again do a search on here and you'll find diagnosis advice. Also pictures of the said item including the location of its fuse and resistor.

I've just got 1 from someone on here because mine is ball bagged too with all the dials lighting up showing it should be blowing etc with the blowers actually working.

Kinda gettin bored of these 'common faults' now tbh

Hope this helps

clio 182
finally got a resistor pack for this and got it sorted cost me £104 for it and that was somebody getting it with discount. the stealers were quoting 125 an my mate got quoted 115 through his work (which is bmw).
Does anyone have any idea what causes this? a guy at a scrappies I went to said something about the pollen filter not getting changed causing the wiring to heat up and melt. my wiring was fine but the pollen filter hadn't been changed since 2005.

anybody any ideas if it could be linked?

Last edited: