ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clifford - Worth the money

I recently went to my local authorised Clifford dealer to enquire how much it would cost for a Concept 300 alarm to buy and be fitted to my Clio, however the guy in the shop said that he refused to sell a Clifford alarm as he thought that they were too expensive, and that you just paid for the gimmics. He then said that it would cost £280 to fit a different make alarm, which would either be a Laserline or a Cobra alarm to work with my standard immobiliser.

So I just wanted to have peoples views on whether Clifford alarm systems were worth the money, or if people agree with the guy from the alarm shop...

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Any alarms is only a deterrant. If some1 wants to break in they will do and just disable the alarm in someway for stealing the car or grab whatever they want with the alarm sounding.

My car came with a Toad fitted, Thatcham One and still got broken into. Doubt they could drive teh car awaybut they just wanted to rob from the car.

Id just go for a Thatcham catagory One although heard that these are changing soon as they are reclassifying standard.

Either way not worth paying loads for remote engine start etc, just pay for auto closure (if you want it) and remote opening closing which should be standard on most anyway.

From what ive heard ccliffordbare worth the m0ney, im personally gonna get a concept 300, can get it and get it fitted for £350 from www.clifforddirect.co.uk

williams 2 turbo

from what i know of clifford from when they were sold in my old shop, is dont touch um. they are a bag of sh*te. go for a meta m999t or toad, or anything, ill even lend you my nan to sit in your car all night, but if you have a clifford fitted you will regret it. i know people on here will say they are great but i was selling these things by the tens to fitters and you allways got half back cos of problems with em.

Clifford are worth every penny - as long as they are installed right. Get a bad install, and itll be the worst alarm ever.. get a good install, and itll be the best alarm ever.

Fabia vRS

I got a Clifford Concept 300..worth their money if u dont want the car stealing. But like said b4, get a bad install n youll have nowt but problems.

I bought mine @ christmas...Ive had two problems so far, found a new one tonight.

Clifford has a reputation amongst car thieves as being a b*****d to beat....obviously theyll still break in if they know theres something in there they want.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

people who slate cliffords 99% of the time are either told they are sh*t, or just think they are.... at the end of the day if its fitted correctly not by some thick tw*t of a monkey then it will work fine and do its job, at the end of the day if the thieve wants ya car bad enuff they will take it, no matter what protection u got.

Thanks for the advice. Which of the optional extras are worth having then? Cant see any point in having the remote start as Matty said, but the auto closure sounds good, any other recommendations?

I would go with clifford mate, you will likely get a descount on insurance with the alarm too :).

Most of the times a car is broke into, in my opinion is to nick the stereo / ice.

Get auto closure. I paid £400 5yrs ago for my concept 300 plus another £100 for the Auto closure. Elites in Rainham fitted it, and I have never had a problem.

I had a Sigma alarm with full closure fitted on my previous car (which I paid £250-£280 for), and it went off if someone farted in the next street, but the microwave sensor worked when it wanted to, and when I sold it, it would only open the central locking when it felt like it. Clifford have been around for years, and if your car gets nicked, Clifford give you £500 back (at least they did at the time I bought mine - worth checking the guarantee). Toad are meant to be good btw.

190 BHP Willy 2

I highly recommend Clifford alarms. Always had them and always will.

Remote start voids the cat status of your immobiliser.

I would recommend Clifford too. Have the Concept 600 on my RS with the chirp and turbo timer and never had any problems, and it hasnt been stolen, so I guess something must be right :D

Fabia vRS

Cat 1....when i phoned insurance companies up hardly any of em give a sh*t about this!!.
Most of em were only bothered that i had an immobiliser.
Some companies asked into great detail about my alarm, but dint seem to give me any discount.

I have the Dual Zone Proxes on mine.. so it warns people away if they walk to close.. and sets the alarm off if they reach into the car itself.

I think I will probably get the Concept 300 system with the auto closure and the Dual Zone Proxies. This seems to be the best combination from what you guys have said.

does anyone know any good fitters near Chelmsford in Essex?

problem is none of the above comments are from alarm experts, when I posted asking why everyone were saying standard renault alarms are supposdly s*** it all went mysteriously quiet.

Speak to several different dealers/fitters at the end of the day they deal with alarms all day long.

No offence meant to any posters but you know its true!

Revels Mum & Sister

Well I fitted Clifors for over a Year. Brother in law and jis Business partnet have been for 6-7 years now!!!!

They are excellent alarms IF INSTALLED properly. However as with anything occasionly things go wrong or faulty as with everything.

They fit about 10-12 a week and have hardly any probs.