ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Client fell out with Supplier

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Funny yet serious.

A client of mine has fallen out with another IT supplier/support company and are refusing to pay their extortionate bills.

I go to logon this morning and nothing works.. hmm administrator account doesn't work... so I eventually logon as one of my hidden users and view all users in the domain. Every administrator has been demoted to power user.

I've managed to logon as a power user on a 2000 TS server and am slowly trying to break the admin password.

:mad::mad::mad: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Pete i'm running a Windows Password Cracker which is doing an LM hash brute force.

I only have access to this machine by TS and I'm about 400miles from it. Will it run in Windows?

Hotshot - Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes ;)

Ad

MK2 FRS
sounds like fun......

wish my day was as interesting... bored out of my tree at work...

DarthCake said:
Pete i'm running a Windows Password Cracker which is doing an LM hash brute force.

I only have access to this machine by TS and I'm about 400miles from it. Will it run in Windows?

Hotshot - Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes ;)
L0phtcrack will run in windows yes, but to do a linux boot disk password recover you'll need to be at the console.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Annoyingly I can't use L0phtcrack mate as I don't have admin rights to lift the details from the registry... ideas?

So how does this affect you?

If it's another company, and you should still have access, why don't you have the new password etc? :S

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Daz said:
So how does this affect you?

If it's another company, and you should still have access, why don't you have the new password etc? :S

They've fallen out over money. My client refuses to pay this other firms bills. They have logged on and changed the admin password, therefore being held to ransom.

Make sense?

Lee

BMW M2C
Sounds a bit low, but your client obviously knew what they were going to charge before hand surely?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Its all very complicated and not really for board discussion. However - anyone got any ideas on how to get them out of this hole?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Update -

Now have full access to the machine. It didn't like booting from the l0phtcrack live CDrom so does anyone have access to an l0pht edition on Floppy?

My other option is to boot using a windows 98 boot disk, and copy the SAM onto it? How does that sound?? Realistic?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
No I don't think that'll work either - NTFS hard drive on the 2003 box..

come one technical guru's!

Help!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
boot from a usb hard disk with another O/S on it, then mount the original drive and start cracking.

Lee

BMW M2C
DarthCake said:
No I don't think that'll work either - NTFS hard drive on the 2003 box..

come one technical guru's!

Help!
I was going to mention that.

You can boot from CD/DVD with a version of XP running. I've got one here I sometimes use to get at stuff on NTFS partitions.

Built it useing PE Builder. Standalone XP. I can't see you getting past Security on the drives if it's configured correctly. Worth a go though if you want to try and copy the SAM off.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
If I can get the SAM I crack the passwords. Thats all thats important at the mo tbh bud. Do you reckon BartPE would do the job?

Lee

BMW M2C
I've only ever used it to access data on an XP Pro machine, but at the very least you should be able to view the contents of the hard drives.

It's fairly easy to build the CD/DVD too.

I think I'll do myself a new one now. Mine is a few years old!

Lee

BMW M2C
Lee said:
I've only ever used it to access data on an XP Pro machine, but at the very least you should be able to view the contents of the hard drives.

It's fairly easy to build the CD/DVD too.

I think I'll do myself a new one now. Mine is a few years old!

Christ, it used to be fairly easy, now even my mom could do it it's so simple. :D

UR 197, AB 182 FF
DarthCake said:
Guys I can't boot from a CD - can we do somthing from a floppy disk??

Can you boot from any other device?? Most computers nowadays will boot off anything, usb keys, usb/firewire devices, etc.

you could boot from a floppy and then boot a cd from that I guess, why cant you boot from a cd?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I don't know Mike. For some reason there was complication there, it has 2 CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives but only one shows as being bootable and when you try and boot from it, it doesn't work and it throws a wobbly.

not ideal.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Sadly Lee USB isn't on the boot list.
MIke - no i'm 350miles away. lol. I don't fancy the drive in all honesty.

Lee

BMW M2C
DarthCake said:
Sadly Lee USB isn't on the boot list.
MIke - no i'm 350miles away. lol. I don't fancy the drive in all honesty.

I guessed as much. Often the case for servers.

You do realise if you had driven up yesterday you would probably have access to it by now. lol

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Ugh, what kinda crap is this setup. where is the server?

Just tell them to courier you the hard drive and then read it in another machine.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Exactly Lee. I feel tempted to drive up but I know its just a pain in the arse I'd rather avoid.

Its a RAID hard disk so thats unlikely Mike. As I'd need all the disks. This machine is also the DC and Exchange 2003 server - so again "ain't gonna happen".

This 'CRAP' setup, is a very tasty server in a rack in the middle of wales.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
DarthCake said:
Exactly Lee. I feel tempted to drive up but I know its just a pain in the arse I'd rather avoid.

Its a RAID hard disk so thats unlikely Mike. As I'd need all the disks. This machine is also the DC and Exchange 2003 server - so again "ain't gonna happen".

This 'CRAP' setup, is a very tasty server in a rack in the middle of wales.

I didnt mean the machine was crap, i meant its crap its so far away :(

pack a bag... unless you know a techie in wales :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Maybe so. If I could boot from a linux floppy and then copy the sam onto the floppy - i might be able to get in....