ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking noise coming of the clutch pedal

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Once in a while when you de press the clutch pedal theres a click noise dont know what it is any ideas?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Creaking return spring. spray some silicone fluid up into the pedal box.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Is that what it is??!!! Mine only seems to do when it's hot??

I thought it mite have been the cable?

GT, Valver, BMW
right like kully says ive got the same problem,there is two places to spray,

the first is where the cable goes goes into the bulk head you cant miss it just get your head down into the feet well and you will see it.

the second i will have to get back to you on it due to i need to look under the bonnet and i havent got my car on me,the GF has it.

it cured it the first time around for me but i thought it might come back so i had a new cable fitted by the stealers,was fine for a few months but its back again but no real problem just got to spray some wd40 or similar on it.

like you say al it seems to be worse when the car is warm.

hope this helps for now.

same for me buddy i went and got a brand new cable but looks like it just needs lubricating....is wd40 ok then or should you ideally use something else i asked about this ages ago and no one could give me definate spray area!!! let us know mate where best to do it...so first place is inside the car where the clutch is as it goes through the bulk head??

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Cheers people im seeing a lad tomorow who works in ren he doing a oil change for me i'll have to do my own next time save some spondooli, ill get him to sort the pedal out for me at the same time

cheers buddy get back to me so i can do the same cheers mate just got some wd40 today so i can spray away he he

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I got my car back he did the oil change he used more than 5.1 ltr must have been about 5.5 ltr, he checked i think it was the throtle body where he cleaned it with carb cleaner because it was black, he checked the pedal for me i didn't look at what he was doing but he spayed right in with WD-40 and mentioned about a rachet? Going to need some front diks and pads in about 6 to 7k miles on my next service do the timing belt, aux belt and plugs at the same time on the way home that click was still there only clicked once give it time the WD-40 should be settled in

cheers mate for the info but can anyone out of kindness of their hearts please get some pics of the areas we need to spray cheers

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm waiting for a reply of the lad i'll let you know where to spray soon as

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Didn't get a reply i sent another message though he'll be at work