ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking CD Player and wont play a CD???

Hi.

The standard renault cd player in my 172 cup isnt working.

When you turn it on it clicks as it checks for a cd, you can load a cd in and it comes up cd loading, then it clicks again as it tries to read the cd but then does not play, nor can you switch to cd via the source button. Its as if it thinks there is no cd there. The radio works fine.

Is there anyway of stripping the player apart and fixing it??? I dont wont an uprated headunit am happy with standard.

Cheers, Ian

2000 renault clio 1.2 8v
has ther ever been a cd stuck in it or is ther a chance 1 cud b stuck in it at present?

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Hi.

The standard renault cd player in my 172 cup isnt working.

When you turn it on it clicks as it checks for a cd, you can load a cd in and it comes up cd loading, then it clicks again as it tries to read the cd but then does not play, nor can you switch to cd via the source button. Its as if it thinks there is no cd there. The radio works fine.

Is there anyway of stripping the player apart and fixing it??? I dont wont an uprated headunit am happy with standard.

Cheers, Ian

mine does exactly the same ian 2003 172 cup , clicks loads but if i take the cd out wip it and pop it back in it works ok i have a feeling its on its way out tho as for taking it apart i'm no expert :(

Less
seems as if the laser may well be trying to focus on the disc.. and cant. Using CDRs alot causes this.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
seems as if the laser may well be trying to focus on the disc.. and cant. Using CDRs alot causes this.

you may of hit the nail on the head so to speak i use "cough copy cough" cdrs think i'll try a normal cd

Less
I dont know how accessible the laser is, i remember on the PSX and PS2 there was a little POT you could adjust, giving the laser that little bit more power in order to focus on the disc

have only just bought car so a cd mite have been stuck/forced in the past.

have tried both copies and real cds but no luck.

no cd stuck in there now as i can insert and eject cds, althogh possible there is a bit of dirt in there or summink?