ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Under the Bonnet and around the engine, battery and fusebox etc etc

Twingo Dynamique
So despite it only being a 1.2 with nothing to show off under there, i'd like it to look nice for a change!!

I know that water + electrics +engines dont go well... so how do i go about cleaning the underside of the bonnet, and just generally the rest of the bay?

Couldnt see a guide and a search didnt provide a definitive answer... so started a new thread...

Any particular products i need, or particular things to avoid doing?

Cheers, James

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I just used a degreaser, rags and a trigger spray with some APC and a little common sense.

You can't go wrong as long as you think about what you're spraying.

Clio 197
I just used a degreaser, rags and a trigger spray with some APC and a little common sense.

You can't go wrong as long as you think about what you're spraying.

​Yes same as above, I the past I have used watering cans and heard of people using pressure washers which is complete overkill.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ideally you want an autosmart tornado but easier said than done. APC brushes and cloths work a treat then you need a dressing.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I remember me and my neighbour were cleaning our cars and he was doing his bay so i done mine, he said to hose it down and i said no, that cant be good. He said that he had done it to every car he had and 'it will be fine'.

No surprise the car wouldnt start after!!

I usually use some GUNK and a rag now and then some dressing afterwords.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You just have to know what you're doing. And also have the car running.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I cleaned under the bonnet of my mates 182 the other day using a hose and degreaser. Never again, dashboard lit up light connect four and it kept going into limp mode. Eventually fixed itself but I shat it.

Oops :eek: