ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning the header tank?

Valver
Sometime over the next week i am going to be flushing out my coolant system and adding new anti-freeze but at the moment my header tank looks all orange and horrible, whats the best cleaner/chemical to bring it back to its origonal "new" state?

16v Dynamique
Im sure you can buy a radiator flush type product, but just try flushing with water to see if that has any effect.

scrub it out with Cillit Bang

barry-scott.jpg

Someone on Williamsclio had some new ones for about £30 I think?

They're more from renault! lol

Don't think you'll get it back to original clear colour though without replacing it.

Mito Sportiva 135
The plastic itself can become discoloured over time if its not properly maintained, in which case you will need a new one if you want it looking pristine again. Lots of plastics become "yellowed" over time, for example if you look at (especially older) microwaves and ovens, they will become badly yellow if not cleaned. I think heat must accelerate the process.