ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning tail pipes

Clio 182
Thanks chaps. Just checked the prices and Autosol is really cheap - bonus :) . Good shout with the AG paint renovator - would never have thought of that.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Is it possiple to paint tailpipes? :S

Guessing they would need special paint to stand the heat/fumes etc

106 GTi
Dont use wire wool of any kind

I will disagree with that thanks!

IMG_5203.jpg

Clean and shiny fine wire wool and Megs NXT Metal polish.

RB 182
Used wire wool, autosol and AG SRP on my brothers the other week and it's come up great as suggested by Rich (don't have NXT metal polish othwise I would have finsihed it with that too)

106 GTi
Halfords here to, Autoglum Metal Polish seems identical and can be purchased in a decent sized 325 ml bottle rather than a small tube too.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Ok I'll probably settle for the AG metal polish and some of that wire wool :)

You may remember R3OBC's old Remus twin backbox - that's the filthy bugger!

RB 182
Ok I'll probably settle for the AG metal polish and some of that wire wool :)

You may remember R3OBC's old Remus twin backbox - that's the filthy bugger!

I'd probably say get some Megs NXT Metal Polish as well as that works a treat for me.

106 GTi
The only problem with the NXT Metal polish lacks the bite of the AG/Autosol and takes longer to get jobs doen even with the wire wool. I use the AG or Autosol first and then the NXT on a microfiber to refine the finsih.