ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning/Restoring Plastic Trim

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi Guys
I tried cleaning Bird shite off my car last night. There was a huge patch on the black plastic trim between the top of the bonnet and the bottom of the windscreen. I first tried WD 40 but that wouldn’t shift it all. I then tried using petrol. Which while it removed it has left me with a white stain on the plastic. I’ve tried polishing it out but it’s still visible …..
During my searches I came across Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye Would this stuff do the job ?

WHO sells Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye in the U.K. ??

Please help as this has really annoyed me.

TIA
Deano

POW_Clio said:
Autoglym Bumper Care should do the trick

yep, AutoGlym Bumper care is great.

i found that Black to Black did more harm than good... lasts a few days then starts turning things white :S

106 GTi
Back tobalack is nothing more than silicone spray, horrible stuff.

AG Bumper care works great on textured plastics.

If the bird crap has damaged the plastic nothing wil really revive it. I would try the bumper care though.

fUbAr said:
yep, AutoGlym Bumper care is great.

i found that Black to Black did more harm than good... lasts a few days then starts turning things white :S

thats why i said NOT the spray. You can get back to black (by turtlewax i think) that is just like a polish in appearence and application, and it works really well. I used it when i got normal polish on my sidestrips and it got rid of them and they didnt come back, untill i got more polish on them :eek:

dont use back to black, it doesnt last long enough.. get some proper bumper polish, really did the trick imo.. i use some turtle wax stuff i think from halfords.. was suprised at how good the results were to be honest

Golf GTI PP Mk7
A bumper care, superb stuff, and lasts ages, u can even wash ur car a week later and not really have to re-apply.

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
I use some turtle wax stuff. I cant remember what its called, but it worked wonders. My horrid grey 8yr old trim turned black again :eek:

-Akira

I use AG bumper care (reminds me of mushy peas :S) topped with AG vinyl and rubber care works well :approve:

Clio 172mk2
i used meguires tyre shine , rub it in , then using a dry cloth rub it again , only done it twice since i had the car and its bee 8 month now

As father and son....
without wanting to hijack, any interior plastic products that do a good job of breathing life into tired interiors?

106 GTi
Middo what look you trying to achieve on the interior, glossy of factory?

For a matt clean factory look, look into Poorboys Natural Look.

Williams 2
Hotshot said:
without wanting to hijack, any interior plastic products that do a good job of breathing life into tired interiors?

Agree with this, i've used autoglym's Vinyl & Rubber Care, and seems to get rid of any access white polish and wax on black plastic parts;)

this is going to sound odd but trust me if you have wax trapped in plastic and it dries white every time you drive it rub smooth peanut butter into it and wash off, guaranteed to remove it.............trust me i run a valet business........if ya dont believe it go and buy the cheapest crap from asda for about 30p and try it!

Williams 2
172 Dave said:
this is going to sound odd but trust me if you have wax trapped in plastic and it dries white every time you drive it rub smooth peanut butter into it and wash off, guaranteed to remove it.............trust me i run a valet business........if ya dont believe it go and buy the cheapest crap from asda for about 30p and try it!

Lol, thats quality!:D

MK2 P1 1.4S
deank69 said:

During my searches I came across Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye Would this stuff do the job ?

I'm trying to find some of this too, it looks fantastic. It's permanent so you do have to be careful when applying it, but after I saw the results on an Volvo I was very impressed.