ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning recaro's

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you're ever cleaning sets or carpet you need a wet/dry vac, truth is other products will just soak into your seats. think about it logically.

You can wipe seats down but you aren't removing dirt from the fibres. Find a decent local valet place and get the interior done and deep clean on the seats. It'll save you buying products that are useless!

trophy #417
I was just about to put up a similar thread. Had some work done on my car today but they forgot to put a seat protector on my passenger seat and did some work underneath and have left dirt all over the seat. If I wash them incorrectly will it just stain them or move the dirt every where else? Sounds like a silly question but they were in good condition and I don't want to make things worse

If you're ever cleaning sets or carpet you need a wet/dry vac, truth is other products will just soak into your seats. think about it logically.

You can wipe seats down but you aren't removing dirt from the fibres. Find a decent local valet place and get the interior done and deep clean on the seats. It'll save you buying products that are useless!

This is true to an extent but a good way of getting seats cleaner if you don't have access to a wet vac or extraction machine is this:

Mix up some interior cleaner or an APC in a small bucket (you need around 5-10L of solution) get a microfiber and soak it in the solution, wring out and wipe the seats over. Soak and repeat as necessary, this will clean seats extremely well, and it helps prevent over saturating the fabric or carpet. Its a method we have used for years on delicate vintage interiors and on roof linings of almost all vehicles we have carried out interior details on. This method means the interior also dries very quickly and avoids this "drying marks" you can get (we call these tidemarks) you can get when fabric gets wet and dries at different rates.

James

GTD, Lupo
As James said, I used APC and a damp microfibre cloth to clean down my Recaros. They came up a treat but it was only surface dirt.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Interesting James. I just never found they cleaned "deep". Material dependent of course.

Interesting James. I just never found they cleaned "deep". Material dependent of course.

It doesn't deep clean the seats, but it ensures the best result for delicate areas. One thing to note, especially with older vehicles, is testing colour-fastness on an inconspicuous area first.

To really deep clean, you do need to wet vac and leave to dry naturally. Not always doable.
dajones - the marks you are seeing are likely to be "tide marks", due to too much product leaving salts behind (cleaning products are usually solutions of cleaning agents dissolved in whatever solvent works best.

Ive just done one with what i had around. As i was swapping the bases around for even wear i took one inside and attacked it with an old toothbrush and AG interior shampoo again. after this i gave it a quick steam with a microfibre in between the seat and the nozzle, then "dried" with a fresh microfibre cloth. left the base a few hours to dry and it has come up like new!! fitted back into the car and there is a noticeable difference now so going to crack on with the rest this evening/tomorrow.