ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning info needed please.

Meg 225 with cup packs.
I'm cleaning my 182 for the first time tomorrow(i bought it on Tuesday, just in case you were wondering). I must admit i've never been overly into this car cleaning lark but i think i've fallen in love with the clio and i want cherish her:eek:.
I just wanted to know what people use for actually cleaning the car. Sponge, mitt, brush or indeed something else?
Also can anyone tell me the minimum you need to spend on a decent chamois leather, cheers in advance for any info.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
chamois leathers are all different but i have found that the autoglym one is superb.

also get a sponge, pretty much any will do, then some autoglym shampoo, i dont use a brush on the bodywork, im sure there fine but i just dont trust them.

what i do is,

rinse the car with a hose
wash it with sponge and shampoo
chamois the water off

pretty much it on a normal wash but othertimes i apply wax and clean the windows and do the wheels and stuff.

what colour is your car? ah yes i remember its arctic blue isn't it?

hope i helped

Renault Clio 16v
bucket of warm water with some car shampoo and a sponge is all you need ;) not hard is it

any one got any info on washing the dishes :rolleyes:

Meg 225 with cup packs.
Naples_16v said:
bucket of warm water with some car shampoo and a sponge is all you need ;) not hard is it

any one got any info on washing the dishes :rolleyes:

Get your missus to do it.:approve:

Meg 225 with cup packs.
polarbert said:
chamois leathers are all different but i have found that the autoglym one is superb.

also get a sponge, pretty much any will do, then some autoglym shampoo, i dont use a brush on the bodywork, im sure there fine but i just dont trust them.

what i do is,

wash it with sponge and shampoo
chamois the water off

pretty much it on a normal wash but othertimes i apply wax and clean the windows and do the wheels and stuff.

what colour is your car? ah yes i remember its arctic blue isn't it?

hope i helped

The colour is Titanium.

Leon Cupra R 225
Hose off the car, remember to do under the arches!
Wash it with a sponge and any shampoo apart from tutle wax.
Rinse off and dry and remember inside the doors, bonnet and boot, it'll last longer.
Some sprays are okay for your tyres but they usually attract alot of dust, i use turtle wax tyre gel.
This is coming from a female so take my word for it, haha!
Happy Cleaning, hopefully it'll stay dry

RS 200
Rinse with hose first
Meguiars NXT Shampoo with warm water and sponge
Rinse with hose again
Wash wheels with a wheel brush
Rinse wheels and arches
Dry with Meguiars Water Magnet
Wax with Meguiars NXT Tech wax or if just doing it quick NXT Wax spray.
Finish tyres with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel

(Polish twice a year)

106 GTi
Well worth investing in a wash mitt and microfiber drying towel. Both much kinder on the paint than a sponge and chamois.

Fill two bucket, one with a decent car shampoo and water, and one just with water. Use the second bucket to clean the mitt before putting it in the shampoo water, This way the grit and dirt from you paint goes into the water rather than your wash solution. Start from the roof and work your way down. Rinse with a open ended hose allowing the water to sheet off to save drying time.

I use a seperate bucket and older wash mitt to then do the wheels, arches and tyres. Some people do these first, at this time of year I do this job after the paint so that it has a chance to drain off even more before I dry it.

r-jay said:
Well worth investing in a wash mitt and microfiber drying towel. Both much kinder on the paint than a sponge and chamois.

Fill two bucket, one with a decent car shampoo and water, and one just with water. Use the second bucket to clean the mitt before putting it in the shampoo water, This way the grit and dirt from you paint goes into the water rather than your wash solution. Start from the roof and work your way down. Rinse with a open ended hose allowing the water to sheet off to save drying time.

I use a seperate bucket and older wash mitt to then do the wheels, arches and tyres. Some people do these first, at this time of year I do this job after the paint so that it has a chance to drain off even more before I dry it.

yeah what he said ;)

(saves me writing it :clown:)

RS 200
Tried the "mit" method today instead of the sponge, gotta say it does a much better / thorough job paint looked so much cleaner after the mit.

Also invested in an Autoglym Drying blade today too, used it to get the worst of the water of then mopped up the remaining drips with the water magnet, which wasnt much, didnt even have to ring it out it was that little left after the blade.

Gonna sort me out a PC Polisher now :p

Chris

i wouldnt use one of them blades..
if you get a bit of dirt on it it will scratch it all the way along your car..

106 GTi
Likewise on the flexi blade. Big no no from me.

If you sheet the water of the car during rinsing in a contant flow from from an open ended hose, (without an spray type nozzle on) there is very little drying to do.