ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning engine bay

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
Anyone got tips on maybe tryin to make the engine bay look a lot cleaner/tidier and do it also in a safe way? Just thot that mines was lookin a tad dirty etc and give it a clean up as I have nothing to do for the next few days until my holiday lol

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
Hmm engine bay cleaner.. :p Im guessing halfords for this? Or anywhere else got some cheapear stuff as they just seem to be over priced for everything!

172 Cup 2003
elbow grease is needed, or if you want to be posh take to a metal finsiher like a few of the lads have

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
I just spent the day with soapy water, gunk for the stubbon bits, back to black, autosol and a dremel drill.

Good as new... well better as the metal was polished.

DSC00325.gif

DSC00326.gif

DSC00327.gif

tooth brush, damp cloth, AG engine and machine cleaner for stubborn stuff, AG bumper care to spruce up stuff, AG SRP on metal work

jamie

Suzuki Ignis Sport
talking of cleaning our bays... does anyone know how i can remove all this rust on this compartment?.... or can i just take it off to get resprayeD?

circle.jpg

the circled bit

O4 Dynamique
talking of cleaning our bays... does anyone know how i can remove all this rust on this compartment?.... or can i just take it off to get resprayeD?

circle.jpg

the circled bit

I just sprayed mine mate, took it off. (its a bit of a b**ch to get out mind) wet and dry, primer, then sprayed it. piece of p*ss

Clio 197
to clean engine bay I use :)

Water
Cloths
GT85
Autoglym polish
Metal polish
Black trims wax for black bits & rubber pipes