ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Cabriolet fabric...

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Mums new MX5, what the best stuff to clean the hood...? its a fabric roof.

I've used autoglym stuff on fabric hoods before, and it works a treat.

Try not to get the hood wet when you wash the car, then get the hoover out. give it a good going over with the hoover, with one of the attachments.

Then the autoglym stuff comes in two bottles, with a white sponge thing. You just spray on the cleaner and rub it in with the sponge. Then i found it would soap up, and rather than washing off with a hose, just to get a damp cloth and wipe it down with that. Then you spray the other stuff on which is a protector type stuff, which requires time to dry, so best to do it when you know its not going to rain for at least 24 hours to get the best results.

This process should see it looking like new.

You should only need to do that every so often, as usually just hoovering the hood should see it come up nicely, unless you get bird s**t on there or something, then clean it as above.

Mito Sportiva 135
cleaning a roof can be done with no chemicals at all, depending on the state and if you have a pressure washer, preferably with a heating element. If this is the case, put it up to about 80 degrees celcius, and spray at a distance of at least a couple of feet, ensuring you spray in straight lines. Great at getting mould from seams and in hard to reach areas. The kit I used to use was by a firm called Renovo I think, or the product was called that. Cost about £50 as I recall and included a paint stage and then a waterproof stage. If done properly can make the roof look like new.