ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Blitz!!! Couple of Q's!!!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Hi,

I'm after some advice...TBH I've found this site better than any other for detailing info :)

I bought some SRP, EGP and a Meg's clay kit from halfords yesterday and I plan on giving my car the wash of a lifetime this weekend.

I've ordered some P21 wax which won't be delivered next week so I won't be able to wax the car until next weekend :(...

What prep work should I do this weekend? I was thinking about claying the car, applying the SRP and then the EGP...

How many coats of SRP and EGP should I apply and should I apply it again the following weekend when the wax has arrived?

I'm also thinking about applying SRP and EGP to my wheels! Is there any point buying wheel wax or could I just use the P21 wax when it arrives?

Thanks again for all your help...

Alex

106 GTi
Wash clay, SRP and then try and get 2 or 3 coats of EGP on before you wax.

You are meant to leave/allow 12 -24 hours between layers of EGP and before topping with wax anyway. I would be tempted to wash, clay SRP and EGP it tommorrow. Then Sunday apply another coat of EGP.

Then next weekend, wash the car and apply another layer of EGP on the Sat, and then use the p21s over the top on the Sunday.

3 coats of EGP is optimum for both looks and protection IMO.

SRP and a couple of coats of EGP on the wheels will work well, you could use a non cleaner based wheel wax over that if you like but is not essential. Don't waste the P21s onm them it will not stand up to that abuse.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Wash clay, SRP and then try and get 2 or 3 coats of EGP on before you wax.

You are meant to leave/allow 12 -24 hours between layers of EGP and before topping with wax anyway. I would be tempted to wash, clay SRP and EGP it tommorrow. Then Sunday apply another coat of EGP.

Then next weekend, wash the car and apply another layer of EGP on the Sat, and then use the p21s over the top on the Sunday.

3 coats of EGP is optimum for both looks and protection IMO.

SRP and a couple of coats of EGP on the wheels will work well, you could use a non cleaner based wheel wax over that if you like but is not essential. Don't waste the P21s onm them it will not stand up to that abuse.

Thanks for all the help mate...

Should I only apply one layer of SRP??

How often sould I repeat the process (i.e. every 4 weeks)?

Cheers
Alex

106 GTi
One coat of SRP should be fine on decent shape paint, you can always do a second if your not happy with the results one polish gives.

Get the 3 layers of EGP on and that should leave you sorted for for 3 -6 months. Just wax with the P21s one a month or so after a wash.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Thanks for the info fella :)

Do I use both SRP and EGP sparingly?

Whats the best technique, apply to 1 panel then wipe off?

106 GTi
You wot need much pf each.

SRP apply to a panel at a time, work well so there is little or nothing to remove.

EGP - apply as thin as you can the thinner the better, anything you remove is just wasted excess product. Apply to the whole car ( don't do in direct bright sunlight) leave to cure for an hour then remove.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Final two question mate then I'll leave you alone lol!

Can you provide an example of a good non cleaner based wheel wax?

Also what is Chemical Guys Wheel Guard? Is it essentially the same as combining SRP and EGP?

Cheers
Alex

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
Final two question mate then I'll leave you alone lol!

Can you provide an example of a good non cleaner based wheel wax?

Also what is Chemical Guys Wheel Guard? Is it essentially the same as combining SRP and EGP?

Cheers
Alex

I use WG, sometimes as a standalone product or otherwise a step in between a polish and a sealant (and sometimes wax too). I would thoroughly recommend it, even on wheels that haven't been cleaned for ages, put down a SRP base and then some WG and they come up a treat.

Very easy to apply and remove too. And smells good!