ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned under bonnet now xenon not working.

As above, did a light clean under the bonnet, water was involved. Saw some condensation inside earlier, is the bulb fucked or will it possibly just dry out and be fine ?

Hoping it will be fine as already had to pay french prices for a new battery :( (136€)

No i actually didnt worse thing i didnt was lightly and i mean lightly wash down my engine cover. Any chance it will dry out n be ok?

You have tried to turn them on? if so then yes they will be broken, moisture + electrical equipment don't mix.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
is it just the xenon that doesnt work or the whole headlight?

it should be fine, they have those rubber bungs on right? so water shouldnt have touched the bulb. hopefully though its not a wiring problem as i can imagine thatll be a c**t to sort out

Nope checked plugs and the rubber cap was in place im guessing water hot on the balast or ignitor then, f**king typical right when tax insurance blah blah blah is due

One of my xenon lights wasnt working when i first got the car. The headlight had moisture in it so i took it off to have a look at each part of the the lamp. Water had dripped into the ballast through a small from the headlight.
Everything else in the headlight was unaffected by the moisture but the ballast was completely fucked even after opening it and drying it out for a few days.

Fitting a second hand ballast did the trick for me.

In case its not the ballast its well worth switching over the starter/ bulb and ballast from the other side of the car to troubleshoot what exactly is wrong.

Well i feel like a massive douche for moaning on the forum but i guess 'coz im not mechanically minded i think there must be something im doing wrong.

So thank you to everyone who posted :)

Happily i have rectified the problem, quite oddly i may add.
So through desperation i had the lights off held the main beam on then flicked the headlights on manually, hey presto both xenons flick into life. Now work as normal, bloody gremlins.

Well i feel like a massive douche for moaning on the forum but i guess 'coz im not mechanically minded i think there must be something im doing wrong.

So thank you to everyone who posted :)

Happily i have rectified the problem, quite oddly i may add.
So through desperation i had the lights off held the main beam on then flicked the headlights on manually, hey presto both xenons flick into life. Now work as normal, bloody gremlins.

Stopped working again, the bulb had lost its blue tint while working, when im back in uk it can get sorted by the profesionals