ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned the Monaco ph1 today...

145db Euro'd clio
so i decided to get rid of the white wheels, badge, mirrors and grill and go black instead

and the results...

Clay bar after bonnet and passenger door (lots of tar!!!)
Picture009-1.jpg

then pressure washed (new pressure washer came with a bottle attatchment and i put a solution of shampoo and water in and it foams up like snow foam????) then compunded with the rotary using farecla advanced compouding mop
and G3. Then Poorboys SSR2. Then washed again. then polished using Ultra deep shine then sealed using EGP then waxed using Nattys paste wax. (amazing stuff and smells like bubblegum. mmmmm) and poorboys wheel sealent and AG tyre dressing + bumper care.

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture034-1.jpg

Picture035-1.jpg

Photos really dont do it justice.

Picture014-1.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

Rear finally smoothed and sprayed
Picture028-1.jpg

Picture029-1.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

New plates
Picture031-1.jpg

and new seats
Picture025-1.jpg

Picture023-2.jpg

Plans for it are, spray door(scratches and damage etc.) spray front wing as the laquer peel was bad and i did an awful repair job. spray the bonnet due to an awful amount of stone chips. then fully smooth the front bumper including the fog light surround and respray then yellow film on fogs and a few more bits then done.

Few of my mates planned drifter..

Picture015-1.jpg

Matt black and fully stripped. Guna have the diff welded with stretched tyres and slammed and some good innocent fun will, im sure, follow.

And... his other toy (half way through restoration. Will be a proper pimp mobile.)
Not to everyones tastes i know..

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

:D

145db Euro'd clio
definatley monaco. 432 paint code on the iside of the door. lots of people say that but i can asure you, its monaco.

145db Euro'd clio
yes. I was so surprised. i threw it after that and started on a new bit and the rest of the car wasnt even half that bad. dont know why it was that bad!! I do park it under a tree but i thought sap came as more of a yellow/green colour on a clay bar. not black

145db Euro'd clio
its different. I like different. :)

Yes had quite a few coppers comment on the sticker can always see people laughing in the rear view mirror.

What does everyone think of spacers on the rear. got some 25mm ones but the arches actually sit on the tyres what do you recon? 15mm?

Also got some Momo Gt2 wheels to go on...thoughts?

non sport
i like it, not sure on front splitter, cud prob do wit bein a little smaller, but looks good mate

145db Euro'd clio
did have the rear one on the front but wasnt too keen. maybe when its all smoothed i'll think about a new one. Its just it makes the car look lower as its only lowered 45mm on the front and i cant afford to lower it anymore atm. although it scrapes everywere i go. even over small speed bumps so i have to slow right down and go sideways which pisses people off and makes them beep alot. just makes me laugh. :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
25th should be good, I may even treat you to a little go in Betty ;) Passenger, of course!

145db Euro'd clio
cheers man, front all smoothed, then hit a fox so cracked it all :mad: but being repaired slowly. also got a little surprise in stroe for FCS. maybe with a touch of pink.... hmmmm

Good effort marc looking clean, id ditch the rear splitter though and change the front one for a skoda one :)

145db Euro'd clio
rear splitter is staying im afraid :p its different. front is being changed when i get the new surprise wheels on. ;) full detail and more to be resprayed before fcs including door, wing, door handles and side strips. just got my boot resprayed. looking schweeeeet from the rear. just wait for my mega spacers ;)

145db Euro'd clio
dartford? dont think so. maybe... i do, its not great when you get up close though, but should be good for fcs. guna spend hourrrrrsssssssss on it lol thanks for the feedback though guys. just wait for the new shoes ;)