ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned the Golf

Better than yours. C*nt.
Already, as it was thoroughly s**t up! Really enjoying it - last night on the way back to my mum's from Cheshire someone had fcuked the A50, it told me and gave me the best route of going all the way down to Brum and back up the M42. Given that it was that or the A52 through Matlock et al, I went for that one as the A52 is s**t...

However, on with the wh0ring!

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Bit of a swirlbus at the moment, it's booked in with Russ for some TLC to sort that out next weekend hopefully! :cool:

Caterham 270R
Nice colour that....... Working with vw's for the last 12 years i dont appreciate um like i should

Better than yours. C*nt.
looks alright crying for fogs though i thought you could pc cars ?

I'm debating the whole fogs thing. Decided I wasn't going to use up any good will with the powers that be at work to get them and wasn't going to pay for dickhead indicators, however having seen them with and without I'm not sure whether I should stick them on or not as I can get them cheapy cheap... PC-wise, it's a very hard paint apparently so would rather let someone who is confident loose on it to show me the ropes, as I'm used to the water that comes on Renaults!

Really like that, shame the wheels arent a touch bigger though IMO :)

I did consider the 17s, but I prefer the 16s as far as looks go and it's very comfortable a ride the way it is!

Very nice, Mates got a 1.6 TDI auto, Its a very nice drive. And the auto parking is amazing !

I couldn't do the 1.6, it'd drive me mental. Had the Bluemotion as an option with the 7spd but decided I wanted the bigger lump!

Very clean, shame about the stilts but then thats normal for VW

Aye, but it does make for a very nice ride around as above - 100mph and it's smooth as silk!

Nice colour that....... Working with vw's for the last 12 years i dont appreciate um like i should

Yeah - Shadow Blue is an ace colour. Love how much variation there is in the colour, a lot of metallics/pearls can be quite shallow but this is fantastically deep.

Looks well that despite burning the devil's fuel.

Aye, it has to burn the devil's fuel unfortunately :( the GTI would have been lovely but given that I've stuck over 800 on it since Wednesday, you can see why I can't have a petrol!

For me and him, Im still driving my 1.2, Hes had a 1.2.. We think the 1.6 pulls fairly well !

I suppose after driving a 2L etc you feel the difference.

Better than yours. C*nt.
For me and him, Im still driving my 1.2, Hes had a 1.2.. We think the 1.6 pulls fairly well !

I suppose after driving a 2L etc you feel the difference.

Definitely! As nice as the 1.6 is for what it is, I'd miss the extra torques. Plus at the speeds I (shouldn't) do on the motorway the 2.0 is better on the devil's fuel...

Megane R26
I'd love a quality workhorse like this - looks such a well made car.

Look forward to next weekend Mike - not done a Mk6 Golf yet. I just hope the rain holds off, the forecast doesn't look great :(

Better than yours. C*nt.
Well, 1100 miles in and it's already feeling a load better to drive. Drove from Middlewich to Nottingham at the weekend, and some cnut had shut the A50. It warned me about it as I left, asked me just before I had to make the decision as to which way I went and the reroute took me all the way down the M6 to Birmingham and back up to Nottingham on the M42. Not even a peep. 100 jellytots and it was smooth as Roy's head.

Love it. Will get some pictures up after Russ has had his way with it!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
will open up nicely. Speedo is v weird, 70 is miles too far round. Unusual styling, but quite a decent place to rack up miles in im sure. Is it the 140bhp jobby?

MCS R56
Yeah, 140 derv. Good motor actually - really quiet inside the car!

I tried a few golfs before the Ibiza. I was impressed with quality and sound deadening compared to the Seat but prefered the performance on the Ibiza. I really wanted a 170 GT TDi but they are a bit overpriced.

Nice Golf!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Contemplated the GTD but I don't need the 'performance', the worse ride quality, and I'd lose the fancy stereo... If it was my only car, it'd be a contender though! Ace drive for a diesely-weasely is the GTD.

120d M Sport
At least the German Nav didn't redirect you via Poland :clown:

Looks a really nice colour, nice set up with that and the V6 you have there.

Turbos.
It's alright, for a 5 door boggo Golf, but fcuk detailing it! Last time i checked, the internet hadn't run out of p**n.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Looking good Mike. I keep going to sell mine (MK5) but every time I do a long journey in it I remember why I bought it. I cover about 600 miles a week so having something comfortable is essential!

Contemplated the GTD but I don't need the 'performance', the worse ride quality, and I'd lose the fancy stereo... If it was my only car, it'd be a contender though! Ace drive for a diesely-weasely is the GTD.

i love the gtd shame vw havnt done a hot derv polo yet :(

was the gt still over budget then with the extras you would have wanted ?

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
i love the gtd shame vw havnt done a hot derv polo yet :(

was the gt still over budget then with the extras you would have wanted ?

I pretty much got a 'pick a nice Golf then' when I was choosing the car, but being the new kid and them issuing Bluemotions to everyone else I thought I'd play it a little safe. Found out later they were expecting a DSG GTI request which would have been fine, but hey ho - TBH I'm happier with this as it's much softer! Got the Vee for stupidity...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

What's wrong with the ride? Bit crashy? I quite fancied one in a couple of years.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yeah, just a little too firm for 1k a week. Nice enough car and not intolerable but decided I wanted to be a little more sensible. Would I choose the same again? I'd probably have gone with DSG as well, but otherwise I wouldn't change a button!

I pretty much got a 'pick a nice Golf then' when I was choosing the car, but being the new kid and them issuing Bluemotions to everyone else I thought I'd play it a little safe. Found out later they were expecting a DSG GTI request which would have been fine, but hey ho - TBH I'm happier with this as it's much softer! Got the Vee for stupidity...

they value you enough to let you have a gti sounds like a decent company :cool: so youve scored brownie points having a sensible one

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yeah, just a little too firm for 1k a week. Nice enough car and not intolerable but decided I wanted to be a little more sensible. Would I choose the same again? I'd probably have gone with DSG as well, but otherwise I wouldn't change a button!

Ah right cool, I'll not discount it then.

Have you tried an SD card with music in the stereo yet? If so, how are you finding loading times? I have the model below the RNS-510, the RCD-510. I currenty have an 8GB card with about 6.5GB of music on it, and it takes as good 30 seconds from start-up to load up music. Then you have to wait again when navigating folders.