ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned my bosses car (S2000), well, helped

MG ZS180 Mk2
My bosses Honda S2000 was looking a little worse for wear. 8 years old, 90000 miles and had been cleaned with a sponge most of its life.
The swirl marks annoyed him so he got a Meg G220 polisher and we decided this weekend to get it sorted.

Washed it first, dried and then practiced on a door I borrowed (from my Mums old Ford Anglia).
Started off with Megs #83, then used Megs #80 then finished with Megs Gold Class Wax.

Neither of us had ever used one of these polishers before or even seen them used, just read a few posts about using them.

Anyway, 6 hours later we had finished and the results were amazing. The car is at least 95% swirl free now, a couple of patches need a bit more cutting but overall, we were very impressed with how it looked and how easy it was to get a good finish.

We didn't clean the wheels or the hood, we just wanted to get the paintwork sorted out this time.

I didn't do the polishing, just made the tea, helped wash and done the buffing.

Defo worth the money though, car has got to be worth a few quid more now.

cimg0502s.jpg

cimg0503.jpg

cimg0504u.jpg

cimg0505.jpg

cimg0506p.jpg

cimg0507.jpg

cimg0509o.jpg

cimg0510t.jpg
cimg0511p.jpg

cimg0512t.jpg

cimg0513x.jpg

cimg0514q.jpg

cimg0516p.jpg

cimg0517e.jpg

cimg0518n.jpg

cimg0519w.jpg

cimg0520uqx.jpg

cimg0521.jpg

cimg0522.jpg

cimg0523b.jpg

cimg0524n.jpg

cimg0525.jpg

cimg0526.jpg

cimg0527n.jpg

cimg0528.jpg

cimg0529a.jpg

cimg0530p.jpg

cimg0532g.jpg

cimg0537.jpg

cimg0538p.jpg

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
hell of a difference, well done for 1st time...........got to get myself one of those, but dont know if i can trust myself not to f**k it up lol

MG ZS180 Mk2
Well you can believe me when I say its easy to get an excellent finish. I imagine with more practice you could get an immaculate finish but we were happy with this.

Get down the scrapyard and get an old door or something to practice on.
Note - no paint depth meter, no tape and no millions of pads/polishes. Just £170ish quid all in and job done.

We were scared (him more than me, it was his car after all) but a quick go on a practice door put his mind at rest.

MG ZS180 Mk2
I didn't mind, he's a good mate, we have a laugh in and out of work.

At the risk of sounding sad, seeing the the end result was very rewarding. Shame it wasn't mine, that was parked out on the road, dirty.